The church was altered during the Bernese period (1536 onwards) when the Reformation was introduced. By then, the nave had collapsed but the small community did not warrant the rebuilding of the nave. As a result, the present church is mostly the original Romanesque choir and three apses. The building line of the original roof of the nave and some arches may still be seen on the exterior of the tower.
Home » Lausanne » St Sulpice with Romanesque Church near Lausanne on Lake Geneva » St Sulpice Church Tower