The rose window in the south transept has a diameter of 8.05 m and consists of 105 medallions. The design and some of the tracery date back to 1205 but much of the glass is from the restoration project around 1900 when several of the scenes were reinvented.
The basic reading of the rose window is as follows:
Central square — God and the creation,
Half-circles off the straight edges of the square — the four seasons and 12 months,
Circles off the points of the square — the Zodiac,
Rest — rivers of paradise, winds, monsters, and ornamental foliage.
The other stained-glass and designs here and in the rest of the church are modern but the remains of a few original wall paintings are visible in the transept.