Getting from Geneva Airport to ski resorts in France is usually cheapest on transfer buses operating to major winter sport stations in the French Alps.
Shuttle buses bring skiers from Geneva Airport (GVA) to many winter sport resorts in Savoy (Savoie & Haute Savoie) in the French Alps. Regular shuttle buses are available in winter from Geneva Airport to ski resorts in the Mont Blanc (Chamonix), Tarentaise (Val d’Isere, Courcheval, etc), Portes du Soleil, Grand-Massif, and Grenoble areas.
Shuttle Buses and Private Airport Transfers from Geneva Airport
Airport shuttle buses are often the cheapest way to travel from Geneva Airport to ski resorts for individuals and couples but in some cases private minibus transfer services may be competitive and convenient for small groups and families. Compare prices before booking as prices vary widely.
All buses depart from the international / Swiss sector at Geneva Airport. No public transportation buses run from the French sector. Regular shuttle bus services are not available from Geneva Airport to resorts in the Jura Mountains.
Weekends, especially Saturdays, are the busiest times at Geneva Airport. Allow extra time for check in and security and book transportation well in advance.
Tips for Saving on Transfers to Ski Resorts from Geneva Airport
A few general tips for saving on ticket prices when booking airport transfers to winter sport resorts in the French Alps:
- Shuttle buses are generally the cheapest option for individuals and couples.
- Children under 12 get discounts on many buses.
- Group discounts are usually available for groups as small as four adults booking and traveling together.
- Online reservations usually save a few euro / franc.
- Return reservations are often significantly cheaper than two one-way tickets.
- Car and autocar are French for long-distance touring buses and not passenger cars.
Reservations are sensible and in some cases essential for travel from Geneva Airport to ski resorts. The return journeys from ski resorts to Geneva Airport almost always require advance reservations.
French Ski Resorts with Shuttle Buses to Geneva Airport
Bus connections are available from Geneva Airport to amongst others the following ski resorts in the French Alps:
Abondance, Aime, Avoriaz, Nourg St Maurice, Brides les Bains, Chambéry, Chamonix, Châtel, Couchevel, Crolles, Flaine, Grenoble, La Chapelle d’Abondance, La Clusaz – Manigod, La Plagne, La Rosiere, La Tania, Le Grand Bornand, Les Arcs, Les Carroz, Les Contamines, Les Gets, Les Houches, Les Menuires, Meribel, Morillon, Morzine, Moutiers, Peisey – Vallandry, Pralognan la Vanoise, Saint Gervais les Bains, Saint Jean d’Aulps, Saint Jean de Sixt, Saint Martin de Belleville, Sallanches, Samoens, Sixt Fer à Cheval, Taninges, Tignes, Val d’Isère, Val Thorens, and Valmorel.
Many more resorts can be reached with transfers in France. Chambéry, Annecy, Albertville, and Grenoble have important bus stations with connection services to many resorts. Altibus coordinate many transfer services to French Alpine ski resorts.
For more information on the most important services see:
- Transfer Shuttle Bus Services from Geneva to Ski Resorts in France
- Buses and Trains from Geneva Airport to French Towns (Grenoble, Chambéry, Annecy, Chamonix,
Some buses operate only during the main ski season and not on all holidays. Some services operate only on weekends and there may be significant gaps in the timetables. Always check with the applicable service provider before making arrangements.
More on Geneva Airport Transportation
- Geneva International Airport – Aéroport International de Genève (GVA)
- Transportation to Geneva Airport (GVA)
- By Train to Geneva Airport (GVA) in Switzerland
- Transfers to Swiss ski resorts from Geneva Airport
- Genève Public Bus Services to Geneva Airport
- Trains & Buses from France to Geneva Airport (GVA)
- Transfer Shuttle Buses from Geneva Airport to French Ski Resorts in Savoy
- Direct Flights to Geneva Airport in Winter 2011 / 2012
- Swiss Railways English website for online tickets and timetables
- Shuttle Direct for quotes for private and shared transportation